Sunday 21 August 2011

Rain, Ikats, Kilims & Charlie's eating Chalk !

Yes it's a beautiful rainy day here in Brisbvegas today. Thank god as our Sir Walter has been struggling of late and could really do with a good drink! So as I type, Charlie is doing  laps of the kitchen island bench with a chalk covered face (don't stress, it's non-toxic and it appears he likes to eat it!) with my ikat fabric in tow... it's his new thing...dragging ikat fabrics around the house (and eating chalk...)

Jack is watching Dora, who I have to endure  listen to her screechy bilingual tongue on a daily basis. I 'm also lucky enough to get two versions - the English speaking one and the French speaking one. Trust me when I say that they're both as irritating as each other!

Anyhoo... Check out these cushions I have sourced. They're made from antique handwoven Turkish kilim rugs. They are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Sukan / SOFT Hand Woven - Turkish  Kilim Pillow Cover - 16x16

Sukan / SOFT Hand Woven - Turkish  Kilim Pillow Cover - 20x20

Sukan / Hand Woven - Turkish Striped Kilim Pillow Cover - 18x18

Sukan / SOFT Hand Woven - Turkish Kilim Pillow Cover - 20x20

Sukan / SOFT Hand Woven - Turkish  Kilim Pillow Cover - 16x16

and check these babies out... Recycled Coffee Bags in their new life as a cushion!
Cafe Do Brasil -  Velvet and Burlap Coffee Sack Cushion

Dante - Burlap Coffee Bag Pillow

images via Funky Louis Pinterest

Erin x

1 comment:

  1. Those Turkish ones are fab... are the coffee ones from Velvet Bean? How fab is Pinterest?..do pop over on Mondays and link up for my Pinterest Party so others can share the love and start following you too..right off to find you on Pinteres xx

    ReplyDelete